To connect youth with the Ocean and Adventure
To be the best youth development tall ship organisation in the world with a focus on Education, Youth Development, Training, Tourism and Enterprise.
The Trust has identified five objectives for their work across the three delivery pillars:
- To provide highly attractive educational opportunities to young people that will enable both personal and skills development which are both additional and complementary to classroom-based education.
- To provide a neutral platform for continuous cross-border engagement between groups of children and young people from ROI and NI.
- To promote awareness of skills development for careers in the maritime sector
- To fulfil an ambassadorial role for trade, investment, tourism and culture for the island of Ireland, and help engage with our diaspora.
- As AYT has no political or religious agenda, it aims to unite individuals from all communities and to act as a flagship for cooperation, at home and abroad.